Thursday, August 28, 2008

He came to my door step!!!

I am so frustrated. This morning HE came knocking at my door. He is not suppose to be on the property, he is not suppose to be anywhere near me and he is definetely not suppose to come to my home. I called the police and was put on hold. Yes, 911 put me on hold. After what felt like a few minutes, who knows if it was a few minutes, I just know I heard a recording saying "You've reach 911 emergency services please hold." I heard that recording twice so I hung up the phone and tigger the police panic button on my ADT system.

Since I have had problems with ADT over the last few months, I thought it would be best to contact 911 myself to ensure that they would come to my house. I called 911 again. They put me on hold again, this time I heard the recording three times before an actually operator came on the line. Needless to say, I was very angry at this point. I yelled at the operator and ask for them to please send someone out to my house because my batterer was at my door and I had an order of protection against him. She took down my address. Than I called ADT to make sure they had called the police and while I was on the phone will them, 911 called me back on the other line to get a further description of him. They wanted to know what he was wearing & what model car he was driving. Information I did not have because I was looking through a peep hole for a few seconds before alerting for help.

It took the police 20 minutes to come to my house. When they came they said they never received a call from ADT to come. They said the call that I made to 911 came through the dispatcher as a nonemergency call. Can you belive that!!!!!!! I told the operator that my batterer who I had an order of protection against was at my door step and she felt that was not a REAL emergency. This has to be a joke. I was told that if I wanted the police to come faster next time I would have to stretch the truth and say he was kicking my door in.

The truth is he could have been outside of my apartment with a gun, ready to shot me. The truth is he has already threatened to kill me. The truth is he is not suppose to leave the state of New York where he is on parole and has warrants AND HE WAS AT MY FRONT DOOR.

I spoke to the supervisor of a supervisor at ADT to get to the bottom of why they didn't notify the police department to come to my home. So far what they are saying is that it looks like ADT contacted the police department in another county, a county that is not near my home. Hello, how does that help me here! Who cares? Really, who cares?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please contact me to let me know your okay. AR in NJ