Monday, October 27, 2008

The Jennifer Hudson Tragedy

I am very sadden and heart broken today after learning that the nephew of Jennifer Hudson was found dead. The media called the shoting death of Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother, and now the death of her nephew a domestic disturbance.

Excuse me, but to me a domestic disturbance is when the neighbors play their music too loudly at night. This was more than just a disturbance it is a tragedy. When will the media start to really alert the public about the effects and warnings about Domestic Violence? How many people will have to die? How many children?

I cannot imagine the grief Jennifer Hudson must feel for her lost. As a mom the thought of losing a child, is unimaginable. I could not hold back the tears as I heard the story just a short while ago. A precious seven year old died at the hands of his stepfather, why? There is nothing that will bring back these lives. Should we all fear that if we upset our partner that the revenge could be the death of our family members? Why aren't these murderers executed?

We need stricter penalties. I don't have all the answers. Right now I seem to have more questions than anything else. All I know is that change must come and quickly.

No comments: